In this renovation video, I show how to make a DIY modern platform bed with surround cabinets, LED lighting, and a live edge slab headboard. The platform bed and cabinets are made from 10 sheets of maple plywood, and I added a live edge slab headboard. I used LED strips and acrylic diffusers to create overhead reading lights that are controlled by touch panel on the side of the bed.Read More
This is the second of two videos for the mancave makeover received by a lucky friend. In the first video, I showed how to make a concrete waterfall countertop (be sure to check it out if you haven't already: https://youtu.be/8vRc4F9MvtE). In this second installment, I show how to make and install a reclaimed wood feature wall with a floating LED TV panel.
The video also shows the installation of Ikea Sektion cabinets with Kungsbacka front panels, so I guess you could consider this an Ikea hack of sorts :)
The TV panel is formed of two frames. The TV is mounted to the front frame, which is larger than the rear frame, and LED strips are attached around the rear frame. This arrangement hides the LEDs, so they emit nice glow from behind the panel, and make the TV panel appear as if it is floating in front of the wall.
We used Stikwood reclaimed weathered wood in white to cover the walls and TV panel. It is a peel n' stick product that is really easy to install.
- white peel n' stick wood: (slightly different type than we used): http://amzn.to/2DybS4v
- J-Roller: http://amzn.to/2BVltlB
• LED Controller w/ Remote: http://amzn.to/2ltWX41
• WS2812 30 LED/m strips : http://amzn.to/2CqUZtk
• WS2813 Strips (new LED chip w/ data redundancy): http://amzn.to/2zOIjt4
• 5V LED power supply: http://amzn.to/2EgyV5b
TOOLS I USE:
- RZ dust mask: http://amzn.to/2wM8F1t
-Tacklife Laser Level: http://amzn.to/2ltdh4X
- Tack Life Level: http://amzn.to/2yQhYuk
- Bosch 18V cordless circular saw: http://amzn.to/2wcDgnN
- Bosch 18V cordless Drill & Impact Driver Kit: http://amzn.to/2BCI753
- Dewalt Table Saw w/ 32” Rip Capacity: http://amzn.to/2yQd2Fy
- Dewalt 12” Miter Saw: http://amzn.to/2yQRgS6